There is a defibrillator located in a decommissioned Red Phone Box which is by the Play area in the grounds of the Village Hall on Chapel Road.
|| By play area on the corner of Chapel Rd and Beeches Rd
|By GPS Coordinates
|| N52 21.325 E000 27.241
|BY Just 3 Words App
If you have a need to use this Defibrillator, you need to go to Red box and on your mobile dial 999 and tell them the location of the box, and you will be given an access code to retrieve the Defibrillator.
Don't worry, if you need to use a defibrillator, you don't need to have experience, the Defibrillator will lead you through the process.
follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Turn the defibrillator on by pressing the green button and follow its instructions.
- Step 2: Peel off the sticky pads and attach them to the patient’s skin, one on each side of the chest, as shown in the picture on the defibrillator.
- Step 3: Once the pads have been attached, stop CPR and don’t touch the patient. The defibrillator will then analyse the patient’s heart rhythm.
- Step 4: The defibrillator will assess whether a shock is needed and if so, it will tell you to press the shock button. An automatic defibrillator will shock the patient without prompt. Do not touch the patient while they are being shocked.
- Step 5: The defibrillator will tell you when the shock has been delivered and whether you need to continue CPR.
- Step 6: Continue with chest compressions and rescue breaths until the patient shows signs of life or the defibrillator tells you to stop so it can analyse the heartbeat again.